Welcome to the Parent Resource Center
The overall goal of the Valdez City Schools Parent Resource Center is to expand and initiate opportunities for parents to be involved in their children's education and to design outreach strategies that facilitate local educational initiatives.
Check out the Lending Library where you can find videos, books, magazines, educational games, and more. Volunteer to assist at the schools or sign up to become a tutor for programs such as Valdez Reads.
PROGRAMS COORDINATED THROUGH VCS GRANTS & IN COLLABORATION WITH THE COMMUNITY:
- “Valdez Reads” Tutoring (K-5)
- After School Tutoring – Homework Helper (3-5)
- Middle School After the Bell Program
- District Newsletter
- HHES Volunteer Program
- NYO (7-12)
- Cultural Heritage Week (4-12)
- Accelerated Reader (K-6)
- Parent Advisory Council
- Red Ribbon Week
- Prevention Month Activities
- “Sum-It Up” Math Tutoring
- HHES PTA – Come Join Us!
- GLOBE Science Club (4-8)
- ScootPad Learning Club (K-5)
VCS FEDERAL GRANTS:
- Bilingual/Bicultural Program
- Indian Education Program
- Title I Program Targeted
- Migrant Education Program